When it comes to achieving healthy, radiant skin and silky, manageable hair, hydration is key. While you may have heard of popular moisturising ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ceramides, there's one unsung hero that deserves your attention – glycerin. In this comprehensive guide, we'll unveil the magic of glycerin, explore its remarkable benefits, and delve into why proper skin hydration is essential.
Why hydration matters
- Properly hydrated skin is not just about aesthetics; it's vital for your overall skin health. Here's why:
- Hydrated skin maintains a strong barrier that defends against environmental pollutants, irritants, and pathogens.
- Well-hydrated skin appears plump and youthful, minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydration accelerates the skin's natural healing processes, aiding in the repair of wounds, scars, and blemishes.
- Hydrated skin feels comfortable, looks radiant, and provides the perfect canvas for makeup application.
- Dry, dehydrated skin is more prone to irritation and redness. Proper hydration soothes and calms the skin
What is glycerin?
Glycerin, also known as glycerol, is a natural compound derived from various sources, including vegetable oils and synthetic processes. This colourless, odourless, and syrupy liquid is a humectant, meaning it attracts and retains moisture. It has the remarkable ability to draw water into the outermost layer of your skin and hair, keeping them wonderfully hydrated. Glycerin comes in different forms – vegetable glycerin, animal-derived, and synthetic – but its hydrating prowess remains consistent.
Glycerin benefits your skin and hair through:
- Hydration: Glycerin is a hydration powerhouse. It locks in moisture, leaving your skin supple and soft.
- Skin Barrier Enhancement: It strengthens your skin's natural barrier, shielding it from irritants and environmental stressors.
- Wound Healing: Glycerin accelerates the skin's healing processes, helping wounds and blemishes fade faster.
- Dry Skin Relief: If you battle dry, flaky skin, glycerin is here to provide soothing relief.
- Psoriasis Support: Some studies suggest glycerin may benefit those dealing with psoriasis.
As a humectant, glycerin draws water from its surroundings. While this is fantastic for your skin, it also means you should use products containing glycerin rather than undiluted glycerin, which could potentially dehydrate your skin.
Glycerin in skin and hair care
- Oil Regulator Lotion: This daily essential that combines glycerin's hydrating prowess with other powerful ingredients to clear pores and promote new hair growth..
- Moisturising Lotion: Our best-selling moisturiser uses Vitamin E, Glycerin and other ingredients to deeply hydrate and nourish the skin, protecting it from environmental damage.
- Brightening Body Lotion: For luminous, radiant skin, this body lotion with glycerin attracts moisture to the skin and helps keep it hydrated.
- C Scrub: Our illuminating exfoliator includes Glycerin to help rejuvenate skin.
- KS Cream: Formulated specifically for advance scar repair, KS Cream uses a specialised formulation, including Glycerin, to improve the texture and appearance of scars. glycerin-infused
- Hair Enhancer Conditioner: This conditioner targets areas of hair loss and promotes healthy hair growth. It harnesses glycerin's power to leave hair soft and silky.
Don't wait to experience the magic of glycerin – try Neutriderm's glycerin-infused products and embark on a journey to healthier, more radiant skin and hair.